Welcome to the
Blue Mountain Education Foundation
Previous Grants from BMEF
- The cost of materials for two math clubs was approved for elementary school grades, one for students in K-2 and a second for those in grades 3-5. BMEF approved the requested amount of $350.
- Fourth graders will be visiting the Shelburne Museum in June thanks to a grant of $650 which covers the cost of tickets and bus transportation.
- The BMU Literacy Coordinator will be purchasing books for family literacy night with grades K-2 participating in March. Food will be served and parents and kids will participate in literacy activities with their teachers. Each student will choose a book to take home. The full grant was approved in the amount of $500.
- Fourth graders will have at their disposal six MP3 players which will enable them to listen to teacher selected songs and then respond on worksheets about their interpretation of the deeper meanings within the song. Six of these players were approved for $120 total.
- The theater troupe TIGER will visit BMU at a cost of $756. Their program is designed to help children, schools, parents, and communities deal proactively with social issues and concerns facing children through music, theater, puppets, dance, and lots of positive affirming messages.
- Fourth graders will visit the State House as a part of their Vermont studies course. They have been provided with bus transportation at a cost of $209.
These activities are made possible by community support for the Education Foundation. BMU students are thankful for these opportunities to go beyond the classroom setting, and appreciate the generosity of those who help make all of these educational experiences happen.
The Blue Mountain Education Foundation awarded the following grants last school year:
1. Forty-three second graders will attended a performance of Charlotte’s Web at the Lebanon Opera House in April. The literacy enrichment experience connected to their science curriculum on spiders.
2. High school students of English Literature, 87 in number, attended a professional production of Hamlet, sponsored through Catamount Arts. This live theater experience encouraged students to appreciate the classical literature found in their curriculum.
3. Second graders visited the Rock of Ages Quarry and Museum in Barre in the spring. This experience will brought them up close and personal with the history that granite has played in the development of Vermont industry.
4. Fourth graders, numbering 35, spent a day at the Shelburne Museum. This was the perfect ending to a year-long study of the history of Vermont.
5. BMU’s musicians and singers were treated to “cake at 8”, a celebration of their successful winter concert.
MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUPPORT THE EDUCATION FOUNDATION!!!!!
The Animoto Multi-media show above prepared by Ms. Lester,
from the 2014 Middle School Field Day sponsored by the BMEF.
Click on the thumbnails below to see BMU 8th graders who saw their government in action at the State House - thanks to a grant from BMEF:
Jay Peak Letter (discount for BMU Families, Teachers & Staff)
Please Support Our Advertisers!
BMEF Meeting Minutes (archive)