Welcome to the home of Education Technology at Blue Mountain Union School
Technology Coordinator &
802-757-2711 ext. 1141
Systems Administrator &
802-757-2711 ext. 1300
Technology Department Information
Education Technology at BMU at a glance:
- 1:1 Computer Program - Grades 5 through 12 (250 + Chromebooks)
- Six high school technology courses, including computer graphics, digital video editing, web design, computer applications, and robotics.
- Classroom technology integration pre-k through 12
- Two state-of-the-art computer labs
- Hi-speed & wireless internet access throughout school
- "Vermont Virtual Learning Collaborative(VTVLC)" on-line learning
Having trouble with your computer here at school?
Well, here's what we suggest. The very first thing to do is to re-start your computer. You'd be amazed at how many computer problems this simple procedure will put right.
Okay, still having the problem? Todd Powers is our front-line for tech support. He prefers to be emailed with the problem. This provides documentation, both in terms of a timeline and the specifics that you should detail in your correspondence.
If you need assistance more urgently, then you can call Todd at ext. 1300. When Todd is not available, John Munson provides backup tech support.
Here's another thought. If your problem is more related to software, you may want to consider "Google-ing" it. We're not afraid to admit that this is a technique that we often employ ourselves!
Important Technology Documents & Resources
Results of Oct 2011 Tech
Survey of Students (Totals)
Survey Results by Grade
BMU Acceptable Use Policy
free microsoft anti-virus/spyware/malware protection (for your home computer - we have protection at the school)
educational computer game websites
internet safety resource page
copyright & fair use info
Information about Broadband
Access throughout Vermont
(check access by street address)
Media Literacy Day in the Middle School June of 2014